My friend Sarah did this craft at her card club, and then brought it to our craft group. Talk about cheap, simple, and darling! They make a great gift - I made them for my mom and mother in law for Mother's Day, and was having so much fun that I decided to make them for my sisters and sister in laws!
All you need is a wooden frame (these ones are from Michael's for $1 each!), modge podge, scissors, scrapbook paper, and whatever embellishments you want! I've used scrapbook paper, ribbon, Cuttlebug die cuts, rhinestones, and flowers. Get creative!
- First, brush off any sawdust off of your frame.
- I painted the sides of my frame, and the inside of the part that frames the picture. This is totally optional!
- Trace your frame and frame cutout on scrapbook paper.
- Cut it out.
- Modge podge it onto the frame.
- I like to use my Pampered Chef pan scrapers to help get the bubbles out of the paper!
- Sand the edges. This is optional, too! I just like the way it looks better!
- Add whatever embellishments you want!
- Give it away, keep it - enjoy it!