Who doesn't love macaroni and cheese, seriously? And adding in delicious seafood like lobster? In my book, that equals failproof!
My mom used this recipe and posted it on her blog last week. I haven't actually had a chance to try it yet, but she loved it and I plan on making myself a big batch sometime soon. My husband doesn't like seafood, so I guess that means more for me and the baby!
GOURMET LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE
12 oz. macaroni
14 oz. lobster tails uncooked(Fred Meyer sells 4 oz. and 8 oz. frozen lobster tails so my mom actually used 12 oz.)
5 T. Butter
1 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 c. half and half or whole milk
1 T. flour 3 oz. sharp cheddar
3 oz. fontina cheese
3 oz. gruyere cheese
1. Melt 4 T. of the butter slowly in pan. Take cut up lobster pieces and sautee for apx. 5 minutes over med low heat. Set aside.
2. Melt 1 T. butter in pan.
3. Add 1 T. flour and stir and stir until it turns light brown and gets a bit of a nutty smell to it.
4. Stir in the heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
5. Stir in the half and half. Bring to a boil.
6. Turn down and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Add shredded cheese one handful at a time and stir and stir.
* Your pasta should be finished cooking about the same time the sauce is finished.
8. Fold in the sauce to the noodles.
9. Fold in lobster to the mixture. (My mom actually added hers to the top of the mac and cheese instead of stirring it in)
My mom said that a 1 cup serving was just about right since this is so rich.
Now, even if you don't enjoy seafood, I'm sure with these yummy cheeses you could just have gourmet macaroni and cheese, minus the lobster!