Here are a couple of things that I have made over at my blog:
A simple formula Can makeover
This really fun Beaded flower tutorial
I even have an Etsy shop where I sell car seat tents, rag quilts, and patterns
I also host a link party each Saturday on my blog. There are always a ton of really fun things shared there. I hope to see you there.
2. Place the newspaper pattern over the fabric. Pin in place and cut.
3. Place the right side of the cutout apron on the right side of the other fabric that you will be using. The wrong side (that would be the side that you don't want to see when you have a finished product). Pin them in place and cut.
4. Cut out of the blue (or accent fabric) two 4 inch x the short length of your fabric (it will either be 45, 54, 60)
5. Fold in half and sew together.
6. Turn the tubes inside out (this is time consuming because the tubes are pretty skinny) .
7. Next cut the desired length for the neck piece (my fabric was 45 inches and I cut it in half so 22.5), and the lengths for the ties (mine were the same length as the neck piece).
8. To make the ends of the ties and neck piece look better fold inside of the tube about a 1/4-1/2 inch of fabric and sew in place (see the pic).
9. Cut out desired size of pockets (mine are 6 inch by 5 inch). Turn about 1/4 inch of fabric over to finish the sides and sew.
10. Sew the pockets onto the first apron cutout onto the desired spot on the right spot.
11. Sew the two apron pieces together, inside out, or the right sides facing each other. Make sure to leave a hole about 2 inches long so that you could turn the apron right side out. Sew the hole together when it is turned.
12. Attatch the apron strings (neck piece and side ties). On mine I placed the neck piece as close to the edge of the top as possible, and the side pieces I placed them at the top of the widest part of the apron.