Hello everyone! My name is Katie and I live in Utah with my cute husband and little two year old daughter, Addie. My little place online is called Favorites and Things. I love to share all different fun finds on my blog like Elmo Cupcakes, great recipes and crafts.
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Chicken California. This recipe was the second recipe I ever posted on my blog and it's still one of my favorites! It's so easy to make, and I can always use another recipe with cooked chicken. My husband likes to cover these in hot sauce, but I like them just the way they are.
4 T butter
4 T flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken, cooked; shredded or cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 dozen flour tortillas
2 T chopped parsley
1) Preheat oven to 350*.
2) Measure flour, salt and pepper into small bowl.
3) Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add flour/salt/pepper all at once. Whisk until mixed well.
4) Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth & bubbly.
5) SLOWLY stir in milk, whisking constantly, and heat to boiling. Continue stirring until smooth and thickened.
6) Reserve half of sauce, set aside.
7) Put a spoonful each of chicken, cheese and sauce in each tortilla, then roll up enchilada-style. Lay side-by-side in a 9x13” pan.(I just add 1 tablespoon of sauce to each tortilla)
8) Spread remaining sauce evenly over top of rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and; chopped parsley.
9) Bake uncovered at 350* for 20-25 mins.