Hi! I am Kristi. I make my blog home over at "Bowl of Cherrys."
It is so exciting for me to be over here at Summer's "blog house" for the day. Allow me to tell you a little bit about who I am.
I am your run-of-the-mill stay-at-home-mom with one small difference. I can't stop creating. I love to sew, stamp, scrapbook, decorate, bake, and cook. And I love blogging about it all on my blog. On Tuesdays you can stop by for Tutorial Tuesdays and on Foodie Fridays you will find fun recipes that I have tried out in my kitchen.
This is the reason that I stay home these days, Little Peachy.
She is so worth it, too!! Peachy just recently had the big #1 birthday and of course I had to deck her out in homemade birthday gear. I decorated a onesie with a birthday hat and the #1. She also wore a little ruffled skirt that I picked up at Target. (Don't Judge! Sometimes it is cheaper to buy than create.) However, the weather was a bit chilly for bare legs on the day of her party, so I crafted up some little leg warmers. (We live in the North Country where you always need to have a cold weather back-up plan.) Here she is on the day of her party chilling out in her birthday chair that I made.
Creating her leg warmers was so easy that I thought I would share it with you.
Toddler Leg Warmer Tutorial (AKA The Easiest Tutorial You Will Ever Find!)
1. Purchase knee high socks. (They have a great selection at Target for $2/pair in the women's sock section. The pair I am using today came in a three pair set from Wal-Mart in the girls' department.)
2. Measure the length of your child's leg.
3. Cut your sock the length of your child's leg. (Measure from the cuff of the sock down. You will be cutting off some of the leg and the foot of the sock.)
4. Set your sewing machine to a small zig-zag. Stitch around the sock where you made your cut. As you stitch, pull the sock. (This creates the ruffle edge. If you are having trouble getting the sock to ruffle, try pulling a bit harder.)
5. Repeat with the other sock and you're done.
See, I told you it would be easy! Now Peachy is all set for a chilly Fourth of July!
I would love to "see" you over at Bowl of Cherrys sometime. Thanks for reading my post today and thank you for having me over, Summer!