Getting to know you....getting to know all about you!
Did that song come into any one else's head?
Anyway, The Idea Room is hosting a "Getting to know you" party, so I thought I'd join in the fun!
- I'm the oldest of FIVE children. Between the five of us, we are a total of seven years apart in age.
** Fun fact: I had my first daughter when I was 28 years old. By the time my mom was 28, she had had all five of us kids already!
- I'm 30 years old, and it still surprises me sometimes!
- I have a deathly fear of spiders. I'm always afraid they are going to jump up at me if I try to kill them.
- Cats are my favorite animal. Right before my oldest was born, we had to put to sleep the cat I'd had since I was 12. It was super sad and hard.
- I played soccer and ran track in high school. I played defense in soccer, and I was known for playing tough and a little dirty. :)
- My family was nicknamed the Von Trapp family. We are a pretty musical bunch! At points during my life, I have played the clarinet, bass clarinet, trombone, and piano. Piano is the only thing I'll credit myself with playing well, and I still play now! We all love to sing, too!
- I have two beautiful daughters (you already knew that!) - 2 years old and 9 months old. They are two days shy of being exactly 18 months apart.
- Before having my two daughters, we lost two babies within a month of each other. First was a miscarriage, and the second was an ectopic. It was super hard, but I feel that it's made me a much more compassionate person.
- I LOVE being pregnant. I LOVE having babies! I'd do it every day if I could!
- I'm a cougar. My husband is two years younger than me! We always laugh when we hang out with our friends, because a lot of them have younger wives, and I always feel old.
- I used to dye my hair all the time. It's been brown, blonde, black, red - everything. It's currently growing out to my natural, yucky dishwater color.
- Diet Coke is my favorite drink, topped with a little bit of Coke or Coke Zero. It's not unusual for me to start my day out with a big glass.
- When I was younger, I saw a scary movie where a hand came out of the toilet. (Random, right?) Ever since then, I've had an irrational fear of something grabbing me from the toilet. These fears were confirmed just last week when I found a yucky bug in the toilet. Gross.
- My husband and I have been married for FIVE years!
- I'm kind of OCD about where things are in our house. I like to have things in the right place (which is decided by ME!) and I have a hard time letting my kids make too much of a mess before I have to clean it up. I hate leaving dishes on the drying rack over nite, and most often will put them away before I go to bed. Luckily, my husband is patient with my neurosis'!
- I LOVE blogging! I've had so much fun since getting into this, and love meeting all of you wonderful people!
- I love cooking and baking, but it also gives me anxiety because it is so messy!
- A few of my pet peeves are: when people clip their fingernails anywhere besides the comfort of their own bathroom over a trash can (gross!), when people do dishes but leave food in the sink, and when people don't use their turn signals.
- Reading is another one of my favorite things to do. I'll often stay up WAY too late because I just can't put a book down!
- I'm secretly (not so secret now!) obsessed with Days of Our Lives. I watch it almost every day. It's my guilty pleasure once the girls are down for naps.
Alright! Enough about me!
Time for you to share some things about YOU! Leave me a link if you do; I'd love to learn more about all of you!