Today we have Jenny here to share with us some tips on cleaning stainless steel. We have stainless steel appliances in our kitchen, and with three little girls running around, they always have fingerprints and smudges on them! I'm excited to have some tips on keeping them clean!
The Best Ways To Clean Stainless Steel
Stainless steel appliances are making the grade in everyday kitchens. With its rich luster, stainless steel exhibits an air of sophistication and adds modern elegance to kitchen décor. From refrigerators, ranges, cooktops, microwaves and dishwashers to warming drawers, the choices for stainless steel appliances and fixtures are abundant, but what are some effective ways to keep them clean? With all the messes that can happen in a kitchen, it can take some effort to maintain that sleek look.
Here are some tips to look into when finding the best ways to clean stainless steel.
· Spray fingerprints or smudges with window cleaner or a mix of 4 parts water to 1 part household ammonia and wipe with a paper towel.
· Water spots can be safely removed with a cloth dampened with olive oil - just give a quick rub and then buff with a dry cloth.
· For grease stains, add a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to water, wet a wash cloth and gently wipe the entire stainless steel appliance. Then rinse with water and towel dry the area.
· For stubborn stains, whip up a paste of water and baking soda. Apply to the affected area and leave it to penetrate the stain for ten to fifteen minutes. Then rub in a circular motion with a damp wash cloth. Rinse with water and clean with a towel.
· You can clean rusted areas with oxalic cleaners.
· Don’t use silver polish on stainless steel because it can cause stains.
· Also refrain from using steel wool or abrasive sponges as they can scuff the stainless steel’s finish.
Just a few simple steps to follow and anyone can tackle cleaning and caring for stainless steel products in their home.
About the Author: Jenny Wilson is a full time mom and blogger who loves keeping her home clean and green. Jenny draws on her former home cleaning experience to share expert cleaning advice on her blog, CleverCleaningTips. She is also a firm believer that, with the right mindset, cleaning can be both easy and fun. J